Hard to believe it is already Sunday. I’m pretty excited to get back to Predix and Historian tomorrow, although it has been a great few days of Thanksgiving break. Two days ago, I began my own Thanksgiving Hackathon to progress on my InspireMe app. Today I want to show it went! First and foremost, please understand that I will be working to make the theming of the app better in the upcoming weeks. I focused on functionality for this weekend.
Accomplishments of my Thanksgiving Hackathon:
- Quotes page - discover segment loads list of random quotes FROM SQLite (not stubbed!!!) that can be favorited
- favorite => add to favorite
- dismiss => remove from the list, when list reaches 0, load more to Discover
- Quotes page - favorite segment loads favorited quotes from the user
- Quotes page - submit segment lets you submit a favorite quote via email
- Schedule page - Quote can be scheduled
- disclaimer - default configuration is used, not from the form in the screenshots (next step for sure)
- Schedule page - notifications -> Local notifications are working and are using a quote from the database
- Schedule page - scheduled notifications show as a list of cards, even if the formatting/user experience is terrible at the moment
- SQLite - FINALLLLLLYY GOT THIS WORKING TO LOAD INITIAL QUOTES!!!
- Finish up functionality
- Clean up code
- Theme the app and get logos/icons made
- Write Test code
Screenshots from my Thanksgiving Hackathon:
I uploaded the screenshots into my portfolio, check out Inspir3Me here:
Kaleb’s Portfolio Page
- Have your development environment updated and set up before starting
- Buy more snacks!!
- Enjoy the process
- Drink lots of coffee
- Put your head under a cold shower when you start getting tired in the late night
- Take breaks (and read the Ranger’s apprentice series if you haven’t)
My Thanksgiving Hackathon was a blast and for me considered a success!!
I will be looking to optimize the code a bit as the language becomes more familiar. Snacks, totally gone. I will never forget bagel bites again.
Lastly, thanks to everyone who gave me some quotes to use on Facebook, all of them were included in the prototype.
Have a great Sunday!!